Effective April 1, 2016
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, unless the applicant is married or not living with parents or guardian.
- An applicant who signs the application must have proper ID and provide a valid Social Security number. If applicant can not produce a Social Security number, the deposit will be doubled.
- An applicant must pay any delinquent accounts before a new account can be established. Note: Any landlord wishing to establish a water account for a tenant must give the name of the tenant and pay any delinquent account incurred by tenant.
- A deposit of $100 is required.
- Accounts established after 4:00 p.m. will be turned on the next working day.
- The city has the right to call and verify any checks presented to the city for payment.
- The city does not accept any two party checks.
- There will be a $45 charge on all returned checks, and the water will be cut off immediately. (Note: If two checks are returned for insufficient funds, City Hall will refuse to take any more checks from that customer for a period of twelve months.)
- A transfer fee of $25 must be paid in advance before a service can be relocated. A widow/widower may have his/her deceased spouse’s deposit transferred to his/her name (no charge).
- Any customer transferring water from one location to another agrees to also transfer all outstanding account balances from any previous location to the established account at the new location. These balances will also be subject to all cutoff policies if not paid by the 3rd of the next month transferred.
- A building permit must be presented in order to apply for new water service. (New construction only, business or residential.)
- Only one service per meter, business or residential (Example: Duplex apartments must have two meters).
- Any customer owning a deep well and using city sewage, whether on city water or not, will pay a minimum sewage charge of $21.63. If a customer has city water, it is charged at regular rate.
- Any customer requesting water service to be cut off must come to City Hall and sign a cut-off form or submit a written request to have the service discontinued. If a customer fails to do this, the customer will be responsible for the water used until the service is cut off by the city.
- Any account not paid in full by the 3rd of the next month (by 4:30 p.m. inside or 5:00 p.m. in the drop box) will be charged a late fee of $45. Note: This is a late charge, not a re-connection fee.
- Any delinquent account paid after 4:00 p.m. will be turned back on the next working day.
- If it is evident that anyone with a delinquent account resides in the same residence as someone applying for water service, the delinquent account must be paid before a new service is turned on.
- Accounts not paid by the 3rd of the next month will be locked off.
- Emergency cut-on after hours will be charged an additional fee of $75.
- Customer is responsibile for the safe keeping of the equipment supplied by the city in order to service the account. Any damage to equipment will be the responsibility of the account owner.
City Hall hours – Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.