Information regarding the operation of local government offices during the Coronavirus outbreak is listed below. This list will be continuously updated.
Last update: 6/1/2020
Statewide Shelter In Place
State of Georgia Shelter In Place Order – Extended through April 30, 2020
Swainsboro City Hall
Swainsboro City Hall is open for public access. Please follow these social distancing procedures when visiting City Hall:
- Please enter from the front door only.
- A maximum of 10 people will be allowed in the building at one time.
- Please follow the line and stand on the yellow dots. Only one person per transaction will be allowed on each dot.
- Please exit through the back door only.
- If you are sick, have a fever, or are coughing, please avoid coming into the building.
- For your convenience, drop box, phone, and online payments are still being accepted.
For any business that may be conducted over the phone or email, we encourage the use of those methods.
Residents are encouraged to utilize the following services in making utility payments:
- Place payments in the dropbox located left of the front door of City Hall.
- Mail payments to P.O. Box 600, Swainsboro, GA 30401
- Make payments online at www.cityofswainsboro.org.
- Make payments over the phone by calling 478-237-7025 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or by calling 888-514-9830 at any time (24 hours a day).
New Water Connections
New water connections may be established by filling out the online form and attaching the required documentation. Service deposits must be received before new services are established. Deposits may be mailed to P.O. Box 600, Swainsboro, GA 30401; placed in the dropbox to the left of the front door of City Hall; or paid over the phone by calling 478-237-7025 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
For water service disconnections, please complete the online form.
Swainsboro-Emanuel County Recreation Department
Swainsboro-Emanuel County parks and playgrounds are open for passive recreation such as utilizing the walking trails, fishing (Harmon Park), tennis, etc.
ABSOLUTELY NO LARGE GATHERINGS AT ANY PARK IS PERMITTED. NO BIRTHDAY PARTIES OR GATHERINGS THAT DON’T MEET THE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS.
The basketball courts at DeAlva Park, Gumlog Park, and Fowler Park are open, but only for groups of 10 or less and you must meet the social distancing requirements.
Bark in the Boro Dog Park is also open.
All practices, games, and tournaments have been cancelled until further notice. The GRPA District and State Track and Field Meets have been canceled for this year.
All events at the Vann Community House and the Swainsboro-Emanuel County Auditorium are suspended at this time.
The Recreation Department offices are currently open, but please try to utilize the phone for communication rather than in-person visits.
Emanuel County Animal Shelter
The Emanuel County Animal Shelter is open to the public from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. If you are interested in adopting a pet, please call (478) 237-4040 to make an appointment.
Emanuel County Schools
Emanuel County Schools are closed through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. This cancellation involves all school activities and events. ECI Prom is scheduled for May 1st and SHS Prom is scheduled for May 8th. Click here for a letter from Superintendent, Dr. Kevin Judy.
Free lunch meals will be available for children ages 1–18.
Free online learning resources for students are available at this link.
Franklin Memorial Library
Book drops are open and porch pickup is available. Book requests may be made by phone or email from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Please make requests 24 hours in advance. Pickup is for books only (no movies, passes, etc.). Pickup times are Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Patrons must call the library upon arrival – a staff member will place bagged items on a table at the front door for pickup. All book returns must be placed in the book drop. The library is not taking any donations at this time. Please follow the library’s Facebook page for more updates.
Emanuel County Jail
The visitation schedule at the Emanuel County Jail has been suspended. Each inmate will receive 15 free minutes of phone time per week while this is in place. Additional phone time may be purchased. Attorneys needing to speak with clients must call ahead.
Emanuel County Offices
All County offices are closed to the public at this time.
- Emanuel County Tax Office – Property taxes, mobile homes taxes, and timber taxes may be paid online at EMANUELCOUNTYTAX.COM. Please call 478-237-3351 for tag renewals. No title transfers can be completed at this time.
- Emanuel County Courthouse – The Emanuel County Courthouse will have limited access for essential functions. If you have questions about these functions, you can first contact the Clerk of Court at 478-237-8911.
- Emanuel County Probate Court – The office of the Emanuel County Probate Court has limited access to the public. The court continues to remain open, and business will be handled by phone, fax, email, or mail. Please call 478-237-7091 for any questions.