By conducting accurate, secure and accessible elections, the Emanuel County Office of Elections and Registration provides an opportunity for the people of Emanuel County to participate in their government.
To ensure that all citizens are educated on the procedures the Office of Elections and Registration use, please review the following information on voting in the Emanuel County:
- You must register or change your address at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- There are special requirements if you register for the first time in Georgia by mail.
- Once you are registered to vote, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card which lists your voting location and representative districts.
To visit the official web page of the Emanuel County Office of Elections, click here.
Qualifications to Register
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of Emanuel County
- You must be at least 17 1/2 years old (but you can’t vote until you turn 18.)
Where to Register
- Visit the office in person:
- Emanuel County Office of Elections and Registration105 South Main StreetSwainsboro, GA 30401
- Contact the office at (478) 237-3471
- Register to vote when you get your driver’s license.
- Download a Registration Application by CLICKING HERE
When to Register
- The last day to register for any election is 30 days prior to that election
- Any mail-in applications must be postmarked by 30 days prior to that election
- If you move, you must notify the office 30 days prior to any election
- If you are not sure if you are registered, please call or email the office first.
- If you have moved at all, do not assume you are still registered. You must notify the office of your new address.
Registering to Vote for the First Time in Georgia by Mail
If you are registering to vote for the first time in Georgia, and you are registering by mail, there is an additional requirement:
Enclose a copy of one of the allowable types of I.D. in the same envelope with your registration application.
If you forget to enclose your I.D. with your application, it could delay your voting process the first time you go to the polls.
Emanuel County Office of Elections and Registration 105 South Main Street Swainsboro, GA 30401
Phone: (478) 237-3471 Fax: (478) 237-5998
If you would like to find out if you are registered to vote or would like to find your Voting Precinct CLICK HERE